Hi everyone. Just a few quick items about next week, March 5-9.
1. The Spartan Strings Festival is at White Station Middle School on Monday evening. The concert starts at 6:30. WSHS students have a 6:00 call. Concert Uniform. We are playing our Concert Festival music and Rhumba for SSF.
2. We have regular rehearsals on Tuesday.
3. Our Concert Festival trip is Wednesday, March 7. We're leaving around 10:15, and should be back at school by 3:15. The permission slip went out on Monday. Please look for it and return it ! I plan to stop at Wolfchase Mall for and early lunch on the way their. Concert Festival is at Cordova High School. I still need at least three chaperones for the trip. No chaperones = no Concert Festival. Please consider volunteering for this very important assessment activity for our program.
4. If you want to pick up your students at Cordova HS, 7th period should be done around 1:15, and 6th period at 2:30. I need ADVANCED written notification by March 6. No phone calls or texts. Thank you.
5. Amro Music is having their annual Fiddle Fair on March 2-3. Special classes, free performances, and sale discounts on instruments. If you're looking for an upgrade, it's a great time to look.
6. After Spring Break, we will refocus on chamber music, go on the Band & Orchestra trip to Boston, and pick our May concert music.
See you all on Monday and the concert!